Most parents take their car for their first trip with their baby. Planning carefully will help you to avoid stress:
- Make your trip on a day with no likelihood of traffic jams.
- Start at a time when the baby is tired and will most likely fall asleep.
- Change diapers and feed the baby before you head off.
- Provide sun protection in your car, e.g. put a towel or sun protection film on the car window. Be careful with air-conditioning: babies cool quicker than adults. Make sure that your baby is not sitting in the draught when the window is open.
- Take a half-hour break at least every 2 hours.
- Pack some HiPP Fruit & Cereal or Fruit for the journey. Don’t forget to pack enough drinks such as HiPP Organic Juice & Mineral Water or HiPP Organic Tea & Juice.
- Keep the food in an easily accessible place and in a cooling bag, but do not keep it too cool. Remember to bring towels, wet wipes/napkins, waste bags.
- Always keep babies belted in a child seat suitable for their age whilst driving.